Neighborhood meetings are hosted on the fourth Thursday of each month. The first neighborhood meeting was on September 24th of 2020. Residents are forming Block Captains to better serve the neighborhood.
ARA has a need to overcome youth crime. We are all working together and it is establishing programs and organizing residents to work towards reducing youth violence with many partners in our community. These are some of the organizations who are working together to reduce violence in our community:
- Armourdale Renewal Association and Residents
- Shadow Buddies Foundation
- Kansas City Kansas Police Department, http://www.kckpd.org/
for non-emergency call: 913-596-300
- John Fiske Elementary, https://johnfiske.schools.kckps.org/
- Cross-Lines Community Outreach, Inc., https://www.cross-lines.org/
- Urgent Care for the Broken Hearted, https://urgent-care-for-the-broken-hearted-ministry.business.site/
- ThrYve (Together Helping Reduce Youth Violence for Equity), https://wethryve.ctb.ku.edu/
- MOCSA (Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault) https://www.mocsa.org/
“Enough is Enough” the Kansas City Kansas Public Schools and the Kansas City Kansas School Board has launched an initiative “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH” and is asking YOU to commit to the future of our students, to commit to speaking up when something is wrong, and to commit to making a difference. Our school district and our families have lost our youth who instead should be focusing on their futures. Our communities need to support this initiative and Armourdale has taken the pledge!
Armourdale Renewal Association
801 Armourdale Parkway
Kansas City, KS 66105
P (913) 371-5696